From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: xfce4-sensors-plugin pulling in nvidia-settings
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:31:28
1 On 22/08/13 22:22, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > What course of action would you recommend taking with regard to my
3 > original post?
4
5 I'm not sure if I understand your problem but...
6
7 Looks like nvidia-drivers-319.32 was stabilized without stabilizing
8 nvidia-settings-319.32 together with it.
9 You can file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org/ and request stabilization
10 of nvidia-settings-319.32 to match the current stable nvidia-drivers.
11
12 You can also temporarily add entry to /etc/portage/package.keywords like
13 ~media-video/nvidia-settings-319.32
14
15 Anyway I wouldn't worry about it too much, they have been going in
16 different cycles for years and I don't ever remembering anyone reporting
17 an actual bug about it (other than what I just suggested, people get
18 confused by non-matching version numbers, ask questions, and end up
19 filing stabilization request ;-)