From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sorta OT: cant connect ipad to a courier imap ssl server
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:46:12
1 On 12/9/2011 1:01 AM, W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I am having a problem connecting an ipad via ssl to a gentoo courier
3 > imap ssl server. Its working fine with gentoo/evolution but I get a
4 > segfault in the server when the ipad tries to connect:
7 > couriertls[12283]: segfault at ec9c78e ip 4c144feb sp bf95557c error 4
8 > in libc-2.12.2.so[4bfff000+183000]
9 >
10 > Ive rebuilt most of the packages involved and getting nowhere. Can an
11 > ipad use a courier imap server over ssl? Theer are a lot of bugs over
12 > the years for both courier and apple IOS and the only solution Ive seen
13 > thats said to work is turn off ssl. The ipad does work fine without
14 > ssl!
15 >
16 > I am currently travelling and my laptop works fine over ssl and also via
17 > an openvpn connection which software is apparently not available for the
18 > ipad.
19 >
20 > Can anyone offer a solution - even some way to set a static route on the
21 > ipad to connect to the tunnel running on the laptop would work. I have
22 > used RIP from the router to tell the ipad the routes in the past - but I
23 > dont have access to the router here to set up RIP :( - and of course I
24 > can find any RIP implementation for the ipad to allow it to read the
25 > laptops RIP routing updates :(
26 >
27 > Snookered!
28
29 We've had a number of issues with iPad/iPhone connecting to internal
30 dev sites with self generated certs. Is your cert self generated? Also
31 which mail program are you using? You might try K-9 and see it that
32 works though I assume it'll depend on the same shared libs and will
33 likely behave the same.
34
35 kashani