From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev-197 : 4 show-stoppers
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:58:18
1 On Sunday 20 January 2013 08:51:43 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I just tried upgrading to udev-197 , which is supposed to be stable.
3 > There were multiple problems & I'm now back with udev-171 .
4
5 My daily update pulled in udev-197-r3. The installation went smoothly but I
6 decided I ought to reboot to check that I could. I couldn't. Udev couldn't
7 start because my kernel config didn't have CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y. So I booted my
8 rescue system on the same disk, chrooted in and built a new kernel with that
9 option. On rebooting everything was fine.
10
11 Just a note for anyone else who may not have that kernel option.
14 Peter