From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't Emerge PHP or Apache
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:45:03
1 Hey all,
2
3 I've been trying to install Apache and PHP. With the installation of apache,
4 the install has been failing when the system tries to download
5 net-www/apache-2.0.55-r1. After trying in vain to connect to several servers
6 the system finally does succeed when connecting to:
7
8 get-software.techbuyer.com ... 208.254.3.166
9
10 The download begins, but very little of the software is downloaded before I
11 get the message:
12
13 !!! Couldn't download httpd-2.0.55.tar.bz2. Aborting.
14
15 For PHP, the system connects to us2.php.net:80, downloads the package, then
16 reports:
17
18 !!! Couldn't download php-4.4.0.tar.bz2. Aborting.
19
20 I tried to install these pieces of software yesterday and today with the
21 same result. I've installed several other packages including ctypes,
22 wxPython, emacs, and a few others, so I don't think there's anything wrong
23 with portage. Has anyone else run into this problem?
24
25 Thanks,
26
27 Shawn
31 "...to raise a signal means to turn the light on; ... Responding to a
32 signal means turning the light off (and, under System V, hoping the
33 bulb won't blow when it's next turned on)..."
34
35 --- Dan Bernstein