From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Arm64
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:55:03
1 So,
2
3 (yippee!)
4 My new arm64 board has finally shipped.
7 (bummer_dude)
8 Looking around for arm64 install instructions for gentoo
9 (binary image, minimal_cd, cross compile or the old gentoo-embedded-handbook
10 yields squat (nodda::noThing::zarro::null::ziltchen)
11 ::=verboten ?[1]
14 I did find this:: (cat /usr/portage/profiles/profiles.desc)
15
16 # ARM64 Profiles
17 arm64 default/linux/arm64/13.0 exp
20 So what I would like to do is just boot the board::
21
22 [ 8CORE ARMV8A SOC,1GB RAM,4GB EMMC,WIFI/BT ]
23
24 with an existing gentoo image just to exercise (test) the hardware,
25 before installing it from scratch. Any and all suggestions
26 are most welcome.
29 James
32 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Embedded#Resources