From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for saving power needed...
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:26:39
1 > Before going hard(ware) way, I would like to try first
2 > all possible software solutions. What I tried up to now is
3 > cpufreqd, CONFIG_NO_HZ=y, and spindown. In addition to that
4 > I adjusted fan-speeds to a little lower values and turned
5 > off some unneeded peripherials (in bios).
6 >
7 > Is there anything else I could do? Any tips would be greatly
8 > welcomed...
9
10 Does you cpu support a technique like speed stepping? Then try setting
11 the scaling governor to ondemand
12
13 % modprobe acpi_cpufreq
14 % echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
15
16 This may be working betten than using coufreqd?
17
18 Or maybe you could lower the cpu and ram voltage in bios? But this can
19 cause an unstable system.