From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] override PYTHON_TARGETS to avoid a slot collision
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 11:11:41
1 On 12/19/20 11:56 AM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 11:19, n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> I don't think this output or any list participant has actually identified where the problem here is. In my original posting, the only difference causing the slot collision for jinja was that one had a PYTHON_TARGETS of 3-7 and the other of 3-8. I asked how to force it to the correct value, but if someone explained that to me, I didn't understand it.
4 >
5 > Your output gives away that you STILL have not run depclean, so you
6 > STILL have dev-python/ipaddress installed, which has been removed from
7 > the tree, and requires python 2.7. Unless you remove old broken
8 > software you will NEVER get through a world update.
11 depclean output attached.
12
13 >>> No packages selected for removal by depclean
14 Packages installed:   899
15 Packages in world:    291
16 Packages in system:   43
17 Required packages:    899
18 Number removed:       0
19
20 The one run on the previous day, a week ago today, had 314144 lines.
24 > Also: don't set PYTHON_TARGETS unless you have a REALLY good reason.
25 > You can set it on a specific package (and preferrable to set it only
26 > on a specific version of that package) to go around problems, but
27 > DON'T do this until you have made your system sane (meaning you can
28 > run world updates without troubles).
31 In the original posting of this thread, I presented a slot collision
32 where the only difference between the two packages was the
33 PYTHON_TARGET.  I interpret that to mean that new dependencies want the
34 new python.  Since the package is the same, it ought to be possible to
35 tell emerge(1) to assume a specific PYTHON_TARGET. Otherwise, there's no
36 way out of the dilemma.  If setting the PYTHON_TARGET as I've done it is
37 not effective, do you know another way?

depclean.201213 text/plain