From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kaffeine-1.0_pre2: No dvbt source
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:23:54
1 Hi,
2
3 As desktop I am using openbopx, no session manager like
4 xfce, gnome, kde and such.
5 But I am using kde-applications as needed like k3b and kaffeine.
6 My previous installation of kaffeine (0.98/KDE3* or something like
7 this) works same goes for k3b in the kde3 version.
8
9 No I installed kaffeine and k3b for kde4*.
10
11 Neither k3b nor kaffeine seems to see any device under /dev/.
12
13 I cannot start a channel scan since kaffeine has no "source".
14 Neither I can read nor write any cd with k3b since with the
15 installation of the new k3b all my cd/dvd-burners seem to
16 have gone away :-/
17 Addtionally the configuration dialog of k3b give me no chance
18 to configure the devices by hand despite the fact that the
19 help states the opposite.
20
21 The permissions of /dev/hda /dev/hdb (burners) and the dvb-t
22 device hasn't changed since the installation.
23
24 Something is missing and being installed or configured.
25
26 Searching with google gaves me entries of the kaffeine mailing
27 list of 2008.
28
29 What can I do to fix this problem?
30
31 Kind regards,
32 mcc
35 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
36 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
37 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
38 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.