From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no ethernet with nforce on k7n420
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 06:12:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am trying to remove my wireless link on a box at home to improve
4 network performance. I have a MSI k7n420, with the nforce chipset.
5
6 Apparently the forcedeth module should handle this one? I can build and
7 load it fine, but when I plug in the network cable to my switch, the
8 link and 100MB lights just flash together, indicating something is wrong
9 (manual doesn't say exactly what).
10
11 lspci shows:
12 00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce Ethernet
13 Controller (rev c2)
14
15 lcpci -n:
16 00:04.0 0200: 10de:01c3
17
18 when I modprobe forcedeth, eth0 is created, and I can give it an ip
19 address, but no luck reaching anything else on my network.
20
21 Any suggestions? I've googled a bit but I can't find anything about
22 this in particular.
23
24 thanks!
28 A great nation is any mob of people which produces at least one honest
29 man a century.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list