From: Steve Buzonas <steve.buzonas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To x86_64 or not to x86_64
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:01:01
1 > I have been thinking of going to x86_64 mode but I'm wondering if
2 > it's worth the trouble with multilib, chroot'ing, firefox-bin and other
3 > compromises (admittedly some minor). I realize I should see some speed
4 > increase but probably only in certain areas such as compiling.
7 I just switched back to the amd64 profile and it has changed significantly
8 since my last attempt. I only needed to use the multilib profile when I
9 used the hardened profile. Hardened is still a little bit of a pain, but
10 the standard profile and the desktop and server subprofiles work great.