From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssmtp & at&t woes
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:26:41
1 On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:33 PM, <ms@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
4 > Hi John,
5 >
6 > I suppose you use a wrong username. According to
7 > http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=287 you have to use the full mail
8 > address. Otherwise check your password for correctness.
11 Tried that. Didn't help. I've been known to supply incorrect passwords,
12 but I think it's correct in my ssmtp.conf.
17 > Another problem might be the line in your revaliases file. The separator
18 > between the columns is a colon not equals (right after the 'root'). If you
19 > don't send mail to other people from your root account you do not need that
20 > line anyway.
23 You're right, but correcting this doesn't solve the problem,. either.
26 Thanks for both suggestions.
27
28 John