From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:24:16
Mike Edenfield wrote:

> It was the debug stuff; every line that look like > > "dracut: + stuff here" > > was debugging information; AFAICT dracut mounted /dev/sda3 as root then > it mounted the two other partitions it found. > > But this could be a problem (from your other email): > > root@fireball / # dracut -H -f /boot/init-thingy > E: Dracut module "lvm" cannot be found. > E: Dracut module "lvm" cannot be found. > > dracut couldn't find it's lvm module, even though your USE flags are set > correctly. Can you try re-emerging dracut with its current USE flags? > > You should have a folder in /usr/lib/dracut/modules named 'lvm' that has > a 'module-setup.sh' script in it, plus probably some other support > files, if everything got installed correctly. > > --Mike > >
I have re-emerged dracut several times and it still gives the same error. I even tried changing versions once to see if it was a bug or something. I found others with errors for other modules but no one posted a fix. It's a head scratcher for sure. Since lvm is not needed for booting YET, I think my main problem is the kernel and lvm. Now, even if I boot with the old kernel and no init thingy, I have to restart lvm before it will let me mount my /data partition. I think when I added the needed stuff for dracut and the init thingy, it messed up something for lvm. I can't put my finger on what yet tho. The directory you mentions is there and there is all sorts of goodies in there. I'm not sure why dracut is not finding it. I'm gonna be gone for a while but will be back as soon as I can. I got to take a friend to court. :-( Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"