From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:24:16
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > It was the debug stuff; every line that look like
4 >
5 > "dracut: + stuff here"
6 >
7 > was debugging information; AFAICT dracut mounted /dev/sda3 as root then
8 > it mounted the two other partitions it found.
9 >
10 > But this could be a problem (from your other email):
11 >
12 > root@fireball / # dracut -H -f /boot/init-thingy
13 > E: Dracut module "lvm" cannot be found.
14 > E: Dracut module "lvm" cannot be found.
15 >
16 > dracut couldn't find it's lvm module, even though your USE flags are set
17 > correctly. Can you try re-emerging dracut with its current USE flags?
18 >
19 > You should have a folder in /usr/lib/dracut/modules named 'lvm' that has
20 > a 'module-setup.sh' script in it, plus probably some other support
21 > files, if everything got installed correctly.
22 >
23 > --Mike
28 I have re-emerged dracut several times and it still gives the same
29 error. I even tried changing versions once to see if it was a bug or
30 something. I found others with errors for other modules but no one
31 posted a fix. It's a head scratcher for sure.
32
33 Since lvm is not needed for booting YET, I think my main problem is the
34 kernel and lvm. Now, even if I boot with the old kernel and no init
35 thingy, I have to restart lvm before it will let me mount my /data
36 partition. I think when I added the needed stuff for dracut and the
37 init thingy, it messed up something for lvm. I can't put my finger on
38 what yet tho.
39
40 The directory you mentions is there and there is all sorts of goodies in
41 there. I'm not sure why dracut is not finding it.
42
43 I'm gonna be gone for a while but will be back as soon as I can. I got
44 to take a friend to court. :-(
45
46 Dale
47
51 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
52 how you interpreted my words!
53
54 Miss the compile output? Hint:
55 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"