From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to know which driver a device is using?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:52:49
1 On 12/1/2009 7:59 PM, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > when i start my system from gentoo live dvd, all my hardware works
5 > fine. but if i want to have a small system, so i removed many drivers
6 > when i am compiling my own system. the result is some times, i do not
7 > know which driver should i choose for my hardware, and my hardware
8 > cannot use when i boot from my new system.
9 >
10 > i wonder if there is a way to see which driver is loaded for my
11 > hardware. this should help me choose the drivers when compiling my
12 > system.
13 >
14 I believe lspci -k is the best choice in your case, it is the cleanest
15 and most direct option, and will tell you what hardware is using what
16 driver.
17
18 Marcus