From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adaptec 29160 Setup
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:22:33
1 Hello All,
2
3 I am trying to get my recently built system to recognize my Adaptec
4 29160 configured on the system.
5 I have SCSI built into the kernel, here is the dmesg statement,
6 SCSI subsystem initialized,
7 I can see my sata drive, which from what I read, scsi needs to be
8 working for sata access, but there is nothing in dmesg about my scsi
9 card coming to life, and so I cannot see my cd burner and iomega jaz
10 drive that hang off it.
11
12 I figure it has something to do with getting drivers in place.
13 Is it something in the kernel config?
14 I have looked and there is nothing that catches my attention.
15 Perhaps just to emerge some driver?
16
17 Here is my version
18 Linux version 2.6.16-gentoo-r9 (root@tardis) (gcc version 3.4.5 (Gentoo
19 3.4.5, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)) #4 SMP Sat Jun 17 22:56:38 EDT 2006
20
21 Running on a pair of dual opterons in amd64 mode.
22
23 Thanks in advance for any help.
24 Sean
25 --