From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Machine Cleanup
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:52:44
1 Am Dienstag, 17. Juli 2007 schrieb Samir Faci:
2
3 > So, I have a gentoo install that's slowly evolved over the past 3 years
4 > or so years. It's now so cluttered with packages, it's becoming
5 > ridiculous, especially for a headless server. What I'd like to do is be
6 > able to remove all KDE/Gnome/X/gtk/qt/...etc out of the machine and not
7 > have it break the machine completely.
8
9 You've already recieved some answers how to do it with portage. Here's how you
10 can do it with paludis:
11
12 1) revise your use flags (remove X, kde, ...)
13 2) export PALUDIS_OPTIONS="--dl-reinstall if-use-changed"
14 3) update world: paludis -i world
15 4) remove unneeded packages: paludis --uninstall-unused
16 5) remove all packages you don't want anymore:
17 paludis --uninstall --with-unused-dependencies <pkg> ...
18 6) revdep-rebuild (make sure you have the paludis-enabled version).
19
20 HTH...
21
22 Dirk