From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: kernel parameters
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:19:35
1 On Thursday 30 June 2011 15:45:40 Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hmm. Could be. I'll try setting those in my Gentoo kernel and see if it
4 > > hangs.
5 > >
6 > > Thanks Alan. I did grep for "lockup" without success, so I suppose I
7 > > must have mistyped it.
8 >
9 > Use grep -i. That should ignore the case. Sometimes things are in all
10 > caps, all lower case or some mix. With -i, it doesn't matter.
11 >
12 > Hope that helps.
13
14 Thank you Dale. I did know that.
15
16 The phrase I remember seeing is "random lockups", so perhaps I only grepped
17 for "lockups", which wouldn't have found the items Alan suggested.
20 Rgds
21 Peter