From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is it possible to move from hardened profile?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:57:45
1 On 01/14/2012 01:05 PM, czernitko wrote:
2 > Hello, I wonder whether it is possible to convert hardened desktop
3 > box into box with non-hardened profile? I guess I would have to
4 > recompile world with vanilla compiler (no hardening) and compile
5 > gentoo-sources kernel (no prob with those), but how can I get clean,
6 > non-hardened profile for portage (if it is even possible)?
7
8 Short answer: I have no idea :) But I'd like to ask why you want to
9 dump the hardened profile. Is there a significant disadvantage to
10 the hardening? I've been wanting for awhile to try hardening but I'm
11 basically to lazy to Just Do It(TM).