From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI data corruption? [FIXED-FIXED]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 11:00:43
1 On Tuesday, 1 October 2019 10:47:59 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 01 Oct 2019 10:05:23 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > Are you setting UEFI to boot from systemd-bootx64.efi or from the
4 > > > kernel image? If the former, you don't need a copy of the kernel in
5 > > > the ESP.
6 > >
7 > > I could run some tests to find out, but after throwing so much time and
8 > > effort into reaching a stable setup (so far), I don't wish to do
9 > > anything to it but use it, thanks all the same.
10 >
11 > You appear to have set up two alternative boot methods. While they don't
12 > conflict, you are adding potential confusion when trying to find out what
13 > is wrong.
14
15 All right, I've deleted the systemd directory and the system boots more-or-
16 less as expected. The differences from a few months ago are (i) the BIOS
17 spends a few seconds flickering the cursor around the screen before showing my
18 boot menu; (ii) after I've chosen the image to boot, I see 'SHA256 verified'
19 at the top-left of the BIOS's part of the screen, until the kernel takes it
20 over. I don't know what to make of those.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.