From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5 and desktop links not working
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:28:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I have KDE 4 installed as well and I think this is causing the problem
4 but hope there is a fix for this little boo boo. I have links to
5 locations on my desktop so that I can click on them to get to places
6 directly. I have one for camera pics, another for movies and a few
7 others. I upgraded KDE 4 the other day and logged into it for a little
8 while. I'm now back in KDE 3.5 and my desktop links no longer work.
9 When I click on them, it tries to open them with Dolphin and even asks
10 for a password. The permissions are correct. Owner is dale and group
11 is users. I should also add that if I type in the password, user or
12 root, it does nothing at all. It just sits there.
13
14 I thought I could just delete the old links and recreate them and get
15 that to work. It didn't. It does the same thing. It tries to open
16 them with Dolphin and asks for the password. Oh, did I mention I
17 deleted my Documents folder by mistake? I thought it was a link but it
18 wasn't. Backups are so sweet. ;-)
19
20 Anybody know how to fix this? I checked the file associations options
21 but it looks weird. No clue what was there before KDE 4 came along.
22 Could someone tell me what is in theirs if your still works? Maybe that
23 would fix it.
24
25 Thanks.
26