From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Drupal appliance available
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:13:42
1 Last night I decided I wanted to create a new Gentoo virtual appliance.
2 So I build a Drupal[1] appliance. Though I really don't know anything
3 about Drupal, but I managed to get one made.
4
5 I uploaded a "pruned" appliance. Which means I removed the gentoo
6 toolchain, so it's not upgradable or manageable in the Gentoo sense.
7 It's just the appliance. But I did so just to see how small I could
8 make it. It turns out to be a 63M compressed vmdk[2] with 72 packages
9 installed[3] (excluding virtuals). Anyway see below if anyone wants to
10 play with it, and let me know if you have any suggestions.
11
12 -a
15 [1] http://drupal.org/
16 [2] http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/drupal-dist.vmdk.bz2