From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting installation directories globally
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 01:36:09
1 On Tuesday 01 May 2007 19:28:06 Paul Sebastian Ziegler wrote:
2 > can you please tell me if there is some way to set the install directory
3 > of an ebuild globally without changing the ebuild?
4 > Let me clarify:
5 > I want a few packages to not be merged under / directly but rather to be
6 > located under /something/*.
7 > I understand that the ebuilds contain directives of where to install the
8 > files through src_install(). However I don't believe it would be a good
9 > idea to edit ebuilds manually since it would lead to breakages during
10 > emerge --sync.
11 > So is there some file I can edit to change the install directory for a
12 > certain package?
13 > For example like setting
14 > wireshark /wifi
15 > firefox /stuff
16 > baselayout /
17 > (this is just a rough sketch of what I'm looking for.)
18
19 Whats the purpose of this?
22 Bo Andresen