From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] File permissions and such
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:41:46
1 Hey list,
2
3 It has been a constant burden to me to have to change the file permissions of
4 files I've copied so that other users can access them and modify them. Say I
5 have a number of documents in the /root folder which the root user owns. Now
6 I want to transfer them to my non-priveliged user so I can work on them...
7 But I have to chown them so that is possible.
8
9 It just occured to me that there must be an easier way to do things like this
10 and I was wondering if you fine fellows could guide me down the right path.
11
12 Thanks.
13 --
14 ---