From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Getting past captchas with vision issues.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:50:33
1 Howdy,
2
3 As some know, my eyes aren't great.  New glasses helped but some smaller
4 stuff is still hard to see.  When websites use captcha thingys to access
5 their website, it causes me issues.  Some, I just can't get past and end
6 up having to leave and find info elsewhere.  Some sites take three or
7 four tries to get past them.  Is there a reliable way to get around
8 these things?  I thought about paying for access to some sites but they
9 use captcha even then.  Then I'd be paying and still can't use the
10 site.  Some sites don't have a pay option either.  I can't be the only
11 person who has issues with these things so there has to be a way to get
12 around them.  I've checked out some add-ons but it seems they don't do
13 well either.
14
15 I use Seamonkey for some things still but I mostly run into this while
16 using Firefox.  Seamonkey seems to lack manpower, based on another post
17 in -dev, so I may stop using it.  Thing is, I like how the email part
18 works and can't find another good option, yet.  Anyway, a fix in Firefox
19 would be great.  Seamonkey, I can copy the link and move over to Firefox
20 if needed.  A fix for it would be nice to but not a deal breaker if
21 there isn't one.
22
23 Anyone find a way around those things yet?
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Dale