From: Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where can I find USE flags description?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:07:18
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to emerge a certain package, let's say x11-base/xorg-drivers,
5 > so I try first "emerge --pretend xorg-drivers" and find it has ~50
6 > various use-flags (some set, some unset). Where can I find their
7 > description? For example "vmmouse", what is this USE flag good for?
8 > Is it something for vmware?
9 >
10 > I checked /etc/portage/profiles/use.desc and use.local.desc but
11 > there are not all of them...
12 >
13 > Jarry
14 >
15 Maybe you want to try this little peace of code:
16
17 alias findflag="flagedit --desc --list | grep -i"
18
19 Works really great. If you search for a pattern, just "findflag foo". If
20 you search for a specific use-flag you just add ":" at the end, like
21 "findflag bar:"
22 Don't forget to install flagedit first, if you haven't already.