From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quick check on net-print/hplip-3.14.10
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:44:10
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I just noticed that the driver for my old printer no longer shows up in cups,
5 > on one of my PCs. Comparison with other PCs shows that this one does *not*
6 > have the hpijs USE set.
7 >
8 > Could someone who also does not have hpijs set in their hplip tell me if the
9 > HP DeskJet 930C selection is missing, when they load up the GUI via
10 > https://127.0.0.1:631 and then try to modify a printer?
11 >
12 > Until this week there wasn't a problem with this PC so I am not sure what
13 > changed ...
14 >
15 > I've set it up with DeskJet 932c for now without USE=hpijs and it seems to
16 > work, so I am in two minds if I need hpijs or if I need to use the 930c driver
17 > anyway.
20 I was going to try and test this. I try to help when ever I can. Thing
21 is, the way CUPS works here, you have to have the printer connected to
22 set it up. I can't find a option to set up a printer that is not
23 connected during the set up process. Maybe I am missing something. o_O
24
25 Maybe someone else who has that printer can test it. We hope.
26
27 Dale
28