From: Madhu <enometh@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 08:39:30
1 * "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2-20220530T050223-944166244Z @orbis-terrarum.net> :
2 Wrote on Mon, 30 May 2022 05:08:48 +0000:
3 >> Could I request the list owner to make sure I remain subscribed to the
4 >> the list while not receiving copies in the mail?
5 > I don't see any requests to unsubscribe from the regular version of the
6 > list.
7 >
8 > The regular/digest/nomail subscriptions are entirely independent.
9
10 Thanks. I was missing this piece of information. The confirmation
11 message I received after subscribing to gentoo-user+subscribe-nomail
12 had the following text:
13
14 #+begin_quote
15 If you ever wish to unsubscribe, send a message to
16 <gentoo-user+unsubscribe@l.g.o> using this email address. The
17 subject and the body of the message can be anything. You will then receive
18 confirmation or further instructions.
19 #+end_quote
20
21 Since only one unsubscribe address - presumably for the regular
22 subscription - was indicated, I assumed there was only one account per
23 email (ala mailman) with options set on the account. So I assumed if I
24 unsubscribed at this address I would remove myself from the list and
25 the ability to post to it.
26
27 > Just subscribing to the nomail version of the list does not impact your
28 > other subscriptions at all.
29 >
30 > Did some part of the documentation make you think it would impact the
31 > subscription?
32 >
33 > Regardless, how do you feel the documentation could improve to make it
34 > clear that they are separate.
35
36 Perhaps the unsubscribe instructions on joining the digest and nomail
37 lists should indicate addresses like
38 <gentoo-user+unsubscribe-nomail@l.g.o>
39
40 If that is how it is to be done. (I haven't tried sending mail to
41 gentoo-user+help-nomail@. I believe I'm off the regular list now,
42 Thanks!) ---Madhu