From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] requirement: ssh v1
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 10:44:26
1 At a customer we still have to keep up an ancient Suse 6.x VM, it has a
2 legacy and proprietary software in it which has to be kept alive.
3
4 No way to move that sw to another OS, don't ask ...
5
6 That VM only runs sshd v1 ... so far I kept my openssh package on the
7 host at 7.5 via masking ...
8
9 I now have to replace the gentoo server and set up the vitualization
10 host with debian ("don't ask" again ;-)).
11
12 I think of setting up a tiny gentoo VM as a "jumphost" into the Suse VM.
13
14 Will I be able to install such a "kept old" gentoo machine from scratch
15 or does some have a better idea?
16
17 I even thought of docker ...