From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] losing network IP address
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:59:13
1 One of my boxes (one with two network ports) is losing network IP address.
2 The /etc/conf.d/net is empty and the system should obtain static IP via
3 dhcp 10.10.0.7
4 Sometimes it does, the IP stays for a several days but sometimes it
5 boots with correct IP and the IP changes after few hours to something
6 like 192.168.xxx (which is not what my firewall provides.)
7
8 I connected the box via two different cables in in a remote location and
9 behaviour is the same. Sometimes the IP can stay for few days or few
10 hours but the box is losing the IP address.
11 This is the only box that is giving me a problem.
12
13 How to trouble shoot it?
14 I brought the small box and connected to my home network but I can not
15 repeat the behaviour.
18 Thelma