From: Dan Johansson <dan@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Application Menu" missing on Desktop after KDE/Plasma update from 5.16.5 to 5.17.4
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 16:42:55
1 On 28.12.19 14:54, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 28 December 2019 12:52:11 GMT Dan Johansson wrote:
3 >
4 >> After some fiddling around, sorry research, I narrowed down the issue to
5 >> one single file:
6 >> ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
7 >>
8 >> After deleting this file, and this file only, my "Left Click" started
9 >> working again. BUT every single configuration of my Desktop (shortcuts,
10 >> panel-configuration and so on) was lost in the process. (:-(
11 >> Well, first computer is done, now for the second one.
12 >
13 > Have you compared the two 'plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc' files
14 > between users?
15 >
16 > Can it be this entry which is controlling what the right button does?
17 >
18 > [ActionPlugins][0]
19 > MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
20 > RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.applauncher <====THIS ONE?
21 > wheel:Vertical;NoModifier=org.kde.switchdesktop
24 Yes, I did compare the two files and that entry was present in both
25 files (as it was, this was the first "entry" in both files).
26 And when I deleted the "Mouse Action" "Left-Button" the entry did
27 disappear in the file, and reappeared again when I added it again.
28 So that part was working - there must have been something else in that
29 file that inhibited "Left-Button" to work. (:-(
32 Dan Johansson
34 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!