From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] prevent users from shutting down while other users logged in
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:02:23
1 On Thursday, 30 April 2020 10:19:15 BST Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2 > > > Basically I'd like that:
3 > > > - if there is more than one user logged in, either locally via lighdm
4 > > > or remotely via SSH, the shutdown XFCE button is grayed out. Once all
5 > > > users except one have logged out, the button is again available
6 > >
7 > > Can you configure the shutdown/reboot command called by XFCE? If so, you
8 > > can set it to a script that checks whether anyone else is logged in before
9 > > either executing the shutdown or displaying a "Daddy's using the computer"
10 > > dialog.
11 >
12 > I was hoping for a 'system' level solution. I think it was consolekit that,
13 > when a user tried to shutdown while another user was logged presented a
14 > window asking for root password to execute the command. (ESC would let it
15 > continue and do the shutdown anyway, so it was not really working). I'll go
16 > for the manual way.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > Raffaele
21
22 Yes, I recall the same, in particular when logged in on a console, or remotely
23 over SSH, but I don't think I have not observed it on KDE/Plasma desktops for
24 a while now. Mind you, I have moved to elogind, so this may manage seats and
25 signals differently.