From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user <Gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Combine AVSEQxx.DAT files into Matroska
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:51:37
1 Hello list!
2
3 I know this is kind of off-topic... but as we all know this is a list
4 where the SNR is perhaps the highest one can ever find in the
5 Internet, so...
6
7 Let's say I have a bunch of AVSEQxx.DAT files, ripped from a Video CD
8 (VCD). This VCD is *mine*, purchased legally, I just want to rip it to
9 .mkv to prevent scratches & all.
10
11 The rip was done properly (methinks) using IsoBuster in Windows (using
12 the "Extract but filter only MPEG frames").
13
14 How do I merge them into a Matroska container with chapter links?
15 (Each AVSEQxx.DAT file is a song).
16
17 (Note: My Gentoo is currently living as a Vbox Guest VM, without GUI,
18 so I'd really appreciate a CLI solution).
19
20 TIA!
21
22 Rgds,