From: Consus <consus@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 19:00:44
1 On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 08:51:57PM +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > You can choose between learning more about the Linux kernel (it is not
3 > a Gentoo-specific subject) or opt to go with Genkernel instead.
4
5 I'm getting paid for writing Linux Kernel code. Still, manual
6 configuration in 2020 is not not necessary until you're doing something
7 tricky. Especially when you use Gentoo as your daily driver.
8
9 > I see nothing "dead" in that.
10
11 I'm happy to see genkernel actually getting some love. A couple of years
12 ago it was in much worse shape.