From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:45:54
1 On 6/22/2011 2:35 PM, Dale wrote:
2
3 > When I did that, it complained that cantor was built with no backend.
4 > Did you get the same thing? It said this here:
5 >
6 > WARN (postinst)
7 >
8 > You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
9 > To have this application functional, please do one of below:
10 > # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
11 > # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima
12
13 The odds of you ever needing to use cantor are practically nil. And if
14 you did, you'd probably already have R installed and know what FORTRAN
15 was. So, don't worry about it.
16
17 --Mike