From: Mark Pariente <markpariente@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does systemd work with mdadm?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:19:14
1 On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK,
3 >
4 > I decided I'm going to try systemd to see what all the hubbub is
5 > about.
6 > I know there are people on here that use it so I'm hoping someone's
7 > can
8 > alleviate my concerns on it with mdadm.
9 >
10 > I use an IMSM container (Intel fakeraid) as I dual boot with Windows.
11 > This has happily worked for some time now.
12 >
13 > I've googled around and it seems there could be a bug using mdadm and
14 > lvm at the same time, but that's not what I'm doing. Considering when
15 > I
16 > first set up this dual boot there was some configuration involved, I
17 > don't believe I can just install it and pray it works as I've read if
18 > systemd goes sideways you can't even log in.
19 >
20 > Are there people running systemd and mdadm together that can comment?
21 > I
22 > think I'm going to try anyway, and I have a suspicion that systemd is
23 > going to bomb the first time it boots.
24 >
25 > Dan
26
27 mdadm works perfectly fine with systemd. I am running a 4-disk RAID-10
28 configuration and it gets assembled properly by systemd. I have the
29 "ARRAY ..." definition in /etc/mdadm.conf and the /dev/mdXXX mount
30 point in /etc/fstab and AFAICT that's all you need, the default
31 udev/systemd configuration brings it all up as expected.
32
33 --Mark