From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] site:www.gentoo.org (compile phase)...die "econf failed"
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 06:27:07
1 Googling above or similar is getting me nothing useful: 70% non-English
2 pages, and of the remainder, 90% questions without answers (from
3 forums.gentoo.org), and of those with answers, answers specific to packages
4 bearing no apparent relationship to those failing to emerge for me. There are
5 plenty hits for 'die "econf failed"' and 'ERROR:...failed (compile phase)',
6 just nothing useful.
7
8 How can my attempts to follow the Handbook instructions have failed so
9 miserably that I can't even emerge such a basic package as Grub Legacy?
10
11 http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/ has my build.log, config.log and
12 eclass-debug.log files from 6 different emerge failures, plus output of
13 emerge --info. Is there something akin to a Handbook page that describes
14 similar failures and how to fix them? Is my problem not a common blocker for
15 new users? How can I make any progress with everything hitting this
16 apparently same or similar problem? Since I got a working kernel and mc, I've
17 not managed to get anything else to emerge. :-(
18
19 As an aside, pages like http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/asneeded.xml don't
20 fit. My browser viewport can be up to 1392px wide, and yet there's a
21 horizontal scroll of 50% or so, making it really difficult to use such pages.
22 I can dezoom to make the scollbar go away, but of course that restores the
23 original illegibility for the pages' CSS.
24 --
25 "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
26 words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
27
28 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
29
30 Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/