From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convert quickpkg of udev-171-r10 to local overlay...
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:26:07
1 On 2013-03-31 3:16 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> So, do I also copy the manifest file? metadata.xml? files dir? Or do I
3 >> just copy the ebuild then regenerate the manifest file?
4
5 > You will need the files dir.
6 > metadata.xml is not necessary in your personal overlay.
7 > You will almost always regenerate the manifest anyway so copy the
8 > original by all means, but you'll likely overwrite it soon
9
10 Actually, I should have said (and I meant) regenerate it manually... ie:
11
12 ebuild foo.ebuild manifest