From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo on ssds? intel anyone?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:17:47
1 Greets, gentoo-users,
2 I hope not to bring up some boring ricer-topic ;-)
3
4 I am thinking of getting one of those shiny new SSDs for my main
5 workstation. Not that I really *need* it, my box is performing well, I
6 admit that I am curious and somehow childish ... some way of getting
7 myself a christmas present or something like that ...
8
9 anyway
10
11 Although I read of Intel's various firmware-problems with their SSDs, I
12 tend to buy one of their 80GB X25-M G2 Postville SSDs.
13
14 I definitely *know* that I will shake my head a few months later at how
15 I could spend that much money for those few and slow gigs of ssd ... but
16 ... (think 100$ for 128MB usb-stick ... you know ...)
17
18 I think of using that ssd for my gentoo-os-partition(s) and I wonder if
19 one of you is already doing that. And I would like to hear of any
20 problems/blockers/sensations this brings.
21
22 Thanks for any infos, I'd be happy to hear whatever your experience is ...
23
24 Stefan