From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: evdev broken?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:07:50
1 On 2011-07-20, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, All
3 >
4 > Recently, after blindingly emerging world, X11/Xorg stopped to accept mouse
5 > and keyboard events. After some ways to figure out what was going on, I
6 > found that it seems related to "evdev".
7 >
8 > Anybody noticed something like that? The xorg-server package (or
9 > xorg-drivers, can't remember nor check now, because I had to use Windows
10 >:-( ) is being built with "evdev" flag, but there is an error in the log
11 > file about evdev could not be found, as long as "dri" and "dri2". I am using
12 > nvidia proprietary video driver.
13
14 You probably just need to re-emerge the xf86-input packages that you
15 have installed. That happens after every update to the Xorg server,
16 and there are probably messages in the portage log to that effect.
19 Grant