From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Back to openrc from systemd
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:45:45
1 Hi list,
2
3 do you know some guide to switch form systemd to openrc, or keep both? I
4 googled and I didn't find.
5
6 The motivation is that I'm studing many server stuff, and I'm tired of
7 search for alternatives to systemd (that is really good). I also set up
8 some servers, using openrc on them, so, sometimes I like to reproduce the
9 configuration o my machine.
10
11 If possible, I prefer to keep both. If not, I'll switch back to openrc.
12
13 I've enable the openrc user flag, updated the system, I created a grub
14 entrace, and everything seems to work pretty well on openrc, but I cant
15 start the X. "no screens found", but dbus, udev and consolekit are started
16 without error.
17
18 Everything is working with systemd.
19
20 Thank you,
23 João de Matos
24 Linux User #461527
25 Graduando em Engenharia de Computação 2005.1
26 UEFS - Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana