From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE setting sound input from USB, playback from motherboard chip.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:49:12
1 On 12/22/14 17:58, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Joseph <[1]syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > How to configure alsamixer and or XFCE4 to get playback from my
5 > motherboard card and input sound from USB?
6 > I'm trying to configure skype for input sound from USB cam abut
7 > playback from my sound card on motherboard.
8 > At the moment the only option I have is "pulse audio".
9 > --
10 > Joseph
11 >
12 > What's the output of 'equery -q u skype'?
13 > Run the alsamiser command line shown below on your card ID, and make
14 > sure you don't have anything muted there.
15 > alsamixer -c 0
16 > # '-c' sound card ID. You can find the correct IDs by running 'aplay
17 > -l', which comes from media-sound/alsa-utils.
18
19 equery -q u skype
20 -apulse
21 -pax_kernel
22 +pulseaudio
23
24 By default skype is using "pulseaudio" (poor choice) and it will not let you select input device for sound.
25 The solution that works is to emerge "pavucontrol" Pulse Audio Volume Control
26
27 Under "tab" Input Devices in Pulse Audio Volume Control there should be entry for a web-cam; in my case it is Web-Cam C270
28 On the right there is a button: "Set as Fallback" it should be enabled.
29
30 The skype will not show in Control USB audio input option but the call sound with skype will work.
31
32 Question:
33 How do you set alsamixer default card?
34 By default it goes to pulseaudio whey I type "alsamixer"
35 I want to set it to "0" as default.
39 Joseph