From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kdewebkit puzzle : solved
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:00:47
1 I was trying to update to KDE Frameworks 5.52.0
2 when I ran into an obstacle with Kdewebkit which I hadn't seen previously :
3 when configuring, Emerge got stuck due to a Cmake mismatch.
4
5 I found the solution by giving Google a long string from the build log
6 & thereby getting a query to the Gentoo Italian Forum.
7 I've never learned Italian, but perhaps all that Latin long ago helped :
8 I was able to make sense of the final entries,
9 which said to remerge Qtwidgets, then Qtwebkit.
10 Just why that enabled Cmake to work remains a puzzle,
11 but after following that advice, Kdewebkit merged successfully.
12
13 The Forum entry is at https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8270652.html?sid=7f3d883e3448cdfb414a19a585fd1279
14
15 HTH others.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca