From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox quickstart
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 05:53:35
1 On 1/5/06, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > I guess I could just be impatient (ok, I _know_ I'm impatient :) but is
3 > there a firefox "quickstart" similar to what I saw on windows once upon
4 > a time?
5
6 Not AFAIK. But pre-linking provided a nice reduction in startup times
7 for firefox.
8
9 > Openoffice used to have one too (in windows) - a little tray
10 > app that loaded ooffice into memory so that when you first used it, the
11 > start up time was short.
12
13 For openoffice.org 1.x, there is oooqs and variants. However it
14 doesn't work with the current OOo. For that, here is my
15 ~/.kde/Autostart/oooqs:
16
17 #!/bin/bash
18
19 rm -f ~/.openoffice.org2/.lock
20
21 while true; do
22 t=`ooffice2 -nologo -nodefault 2>&1`
23 if test "$t" != ""; then
24 break
25 fi
26 done
30 > TIA,
31 > --
32 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
33 >
34 > Loan-department manager: "There isn't any fine print. At these
35 > interest rates, we don't need it."
36 >
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list