From: j.romildo@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] synaptic touchpad stopped scrolling!
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:34:22
1 On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:14:51PM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I can't live without my touchpad extentions (scrolling, tap to click,
5 > etc). All provided somehow by the synaptics driver, but I've never
6 > really looked into how.
7 >
8 > Recently I noticed it stopped working but I don't know what I've changed
9 > as I've been docked for so long with a usb mouse.
10 >
11 > I've had the same section layout for aaaages:
12 > Section "InputDevice"
13 > Identifier "Synaptic Touchpad"
14 > Driver "synaptics"
15 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
16 > Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
17 > Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
18 > EndSection
19 [...]
20 >
21 > I'm sure theres some simple USE flag or option that I need to use but I
22 > can't find it! More to the point I would like to understand why it
23 > worked for so long but doesn't now (I've been using a similar xorg.conf
24 > file for... a long time!).
25 >
26 > any suggestions?
27
28 Yesterday I was just looking for a solution to this same problem on my
29 notebook.
30
31 I have found out that synaptics now defaults to dual finger scrolling
32 (see the man mage), and tap to click is off by default. I have added the
33 following in my configuration file:
34
35 Section "InputDevice"
36 Identifier "Touchpad"
37 Driver "synaptics"
38 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
39 Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
40 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
41 Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
42 Option "SHMConfig" "true"
43 Option "TapButton1" "1" # Left button
44 #Option "TapButton2" "2" # Right button
45 #Option "TapButton3" "3" # Middle button
46 EndSection
47
48 Romildo