From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xgl and direct rendering or 'Would you like Xorg or Xgl, sir?'
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:26:46
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. napisał(a):
2 > You other mail had this in the attachment:
3 >> Section "Device"
4 >> Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]"
5 >> # Driver "radeon"
6 >> Driver "fglrx"
7 >> Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
8 >> Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
9 >> Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
10 >> # Option "DRI" "on"
11 >> EndSection
12 > which indicates that you are attempting to use the fglrx x11-driver, and
13 > not the radeon x11-driver.
14 >
15 > If you use the CONFIG_RADEON_DRM kernel module, you also need to use
16 > the "ati" or "radeon" x11 driver. If your use the fglrx out-of-tree,
17 > esclavitud kernel module (at least I think there's a kernel module by this
18 > name) you'll alsa need to use the "fglrx" x11 driver.
19 >
20 > You seem to be running into a simple misconfiguration at this point.
23 I'm sorry, I've forgotten to modify this line while attaching xorg.conf.
24 When I was trying to launch Xorg with radeon driver I obviously
25 commented out the "fglrx" driver and uncommented "radeon" driver's line
26 - inversely to what I have actually attached. So it should be:
27
28 > Driver "radeon"
29 > # Driver "fglrx"
30
31 And to make it even more precise - while entering default init level
32 fglrx is NOT loaded and radeon is loaded.
33
34 Regards,
35 Jan
38 Mail jan at stepien com pl