From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot General Textmode q]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:20:48
1 On Wednesday 23 September 2009, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:37:15PM -0500, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam
3 squawked:
4 > > Can any one tell me how to copy with mouse (really the left mouse
5 > > button provided on the touchpad) but paste from keyboard while in text
6 > > (console) mode? Or using the touch pad thing somehow. I've tried
7 > > pressing both touchpad buttons at once to emulate middle mouse but it
8 > > has no effect.
9 >
10 > In console the copy-paste is provided by GPM. And I thought GPM paste
11 > is right mouse key, not middle key. And I am also pretty sure that GPM
12 > does not do third button emulation the way X does.
13 >
14 > I think a possibility is that you have plugged in and used a mouse
15 > with three buttons. This forced gpm into 3 button mode, so that the
16 > middle button becomes paste and right button is extend selection. Then
17 > you poor two-button touchpad has no more paste.
18 >
19 > To prevent that edit /etc/conf.d/gpm and add APPEND="-2" to force gpm
20 > to stick with 2-button mode.
21
22 I am not running gpm to test; have you tried the obvious 'Insert', or Shift+I,
23 or Shift+Insert?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick