From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Spam and Moderation [was: An Invitation to Neuroscientists and Physicists: Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Reports First Hand Account of Mind Intrusion and Mind Reading]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:41:31
1 On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 08:10:02PM +0200, Dale wrote:
2 > Indi wrote:
3 > > Generally speaking, either messages sent to the list should be instantaneously
4 > > available after hitting "send" OR someone is delaying the messages so
5 > > they can be confirmed On Topic, or at least not spam?
6 > >
7 > > Crazy thought...
11 > But WHO is going to do that? Since it is rare that this mailing list
12 > sees spam, I don't think it is worth the effort. The only bad thing is
13 > that I don't mark them as spam because I'm worried some legitimate mail
14 > may get marked as spam.
17 I was just ribbing the modeator(s), but it's probably an automated thing
18 anyway. :)
21 > I thought you had to be subscribed to the list to send a message?
24 Not sure, but there are lists one can send to without being a
25 subscriber. At least on this list we're less likely to see the
26 thousands of microsoft spambots that infest some others.
27 :)
30 caveat utilitor