From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: "flip video" on gentoo
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 01:13:50
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I have received a "flip video, ultra series (records 60 minutes)"
3 > digital camcorder for a present.
4 >
5 > This works fine on windows, but I would naturally much prefer to use
6 > gentoo. The windows software can presumably do a bunch of stuff but
7 > I would be very happy to simply
8 >
9 > * Copy video from the camera to the computer. * Show, on the
10 > computer, video that has been copied on to the computer. * Delete
11 > video from the computer.
12 >
13 > I am reasonably experienced with gentoo, quite experienced with
14 > linux, but a complete novice with digital video.
15 >
16 > A google search suggests strongly that there is support on gentoo,
17 > but I have yet to find a HOWTO and would greatly appreciate a
18 > pointer.
19 >
20 > thanks, allan
24 "The Flip Video Ultra works great in linux. The device is mounted as a
25 USB mass storage device. The videos are avi files encoded in mpeg4. Just
26 drag and drop. Use Totem or mplayer to play. Very nice."
27
28 <http://jamesguske.blogspot.com/2007/10/flip-video-ultra-works-in-ubuntu.html>
29
30 Once you copy your files to HD, I'd guess that linux video editing
31 software will do anything windows can do. :-)
32
33 HTH