From: Michele Alzetta <michele.alzetta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NIC problems after MS Windows update
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:27:36
1 HI all,
2
3 I have the self-same problem with this card on a dual boot windows98 /
4 gentoo system.
5 In fact, I have TWO 8139 cards installed and the problem is present with both.
6 Windows actually disactivates only the one it uses, and not the other.
7
8 On another mailing list I found someone suggesting that activating the
9 "wake on lan" option in the windows network card options solves the
10 problem, and in fact it does.
11
12 Anyway, seems it is not only an XP update problem, it seems to be a
13 more general windows thing.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list