From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] He's baaaaaack!--SOLVED
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:21:08
1 > a "fixboot" from the recovery mode of the WinXP CD
2 > will be necessary.
3 > This should not overwrite the MBR, only the boot
4 > loader that is at the
5 > beginning of the windows partition.
6
7 The problem was two-fold:
8
9 1. WinXP boot sector was bad(my best guess).
10
11 2. Recovery Console suffered from obscure bug that
12 prevented the use of admin password -- even though the
13 correct password was used. To top it off, Macro$haft
14 expects its drones to _pay_ for the patch to fix
15 _their_own_ mistake!
16
17 I just re-installed XP-Pro, this time the one w/ the
18 integrated SP1 which fixes the bug.
19
20 Then I edited grub to map the drive up a notch and now
21 everything <knocking on wood> is cool!
22
23 -mw
24
26 Do You Yahoo!?
27 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
28 http://mail.yahoo.com
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list