From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to determine 'Least Common Denominator' between Xen(Server) Hosts
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:24:21
1 On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2
3 > I know that the (theoretical) best performance is to use -march=native ,
4 > but since the processors of the HP servers are not exactly the same as the
5 > Dell's, I'm concerned that compiling with -march=native will render the VMs
6 > unable to migrate between the different hosts.
10 I use -mtune=native rather than -march=native, that way I can use some
11 advanced processor features if they are available, but my system will still
12 run if moved to a different host.